Backpackers & Tourist Questions Answered
0 votes

I have entered the wrong date of birth on my ETA, I tried again and it will not let me because my passport has a visa. I am worried, what should I do?

in Visa / Embassy / Currency by

1 Answer

0 votes
You can contact immigration or call them to ask them to cancel the visa their end so that you can redo the ETA and repay again. They will not change the details for you (your mistake) unless you get someone who is not a "jobsworth". Alternately, you could just take the ETA you have with you, see if the immigration officer picks up on the mistake, if they do just play dumb he might direct you to an officer to change the details or buy a new visa there and then within the airport for the visa fee.
by (31.3k points)

Map of hostels, B&B, hotels and homestay

(hint use the price bar)

Welcome to Questions Answered Sri Lanka.
Ask questions and get answers from other community members.

If you get a good answer, click the checkbox on the left to select it as the best answer.

Upvote answers or questions that have helped you.

If you don't get clear answers, edit your question to make it clearer.

Unrelated Questions will not be published, however, you are welcome to ask for long-term rent, car share, etc.

By Joining our Facebook Group.

374 questions
387 answers
3,458 users
Cheap hotelsCheap flights from ColomboCheap hostelsFlights Colombo to MaldivesCheap HomestayBook Cheap Flights HereFind Your Ideal Hotel Cheap Airline Tickets & Airfares